Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blues Say 'No' to Poison Removal for Priests

Source: As a few players have suggested, we think the solution here is just to make sure that hunters and rogues aren't so good versus priests simply because of the lack of poison removal. We don't think that needs to be giving Abolish Poison or the like to priests.

Honestly, as big of an issue as this is on the WoW Priest forums right now, I think this is probably the right thing to do, at least PvE-wise. We already can abolish diseases and cleanse magic, which are pretty common debuffs. If priests are given the ability to cleanse poisons, then wouldn't the same logic say that they can dispel curses, too? And then wouldn't we give shaman the ability to dispel magic? Oh, and let's have the druids abolish diseases. And hell, let pallies cure curses, too. Do I hear the "Oh noes, I no is unique no more." choir again?

In a PvE encounter, a decently geared/skilled priest should be able to heal through poisons. I'm not saying it will be a cakewalk all the time, but you can do it. Heroic AN used to be a pain in the butt for me, but I can heal through it without someone cleansing poisons. It was rough my first time through, but now it's not even an issue.

- Keep renews up on each party-member
- CoH when the CD pops
- PoH when the going gets rough. Get the glyph. It adds a HoT.

For PvP, I'm not sure what to think. While being more survivable against rogues would be nice, I'm not sure if that would be the right way to go about it.

Has anyone considered the option of bringing back Anti-Venom to first aid? Did I miss the level 80 Anti-Venom train? Because the last one I have in my book is from level 60.... just an idea that might not solve the problem, but might alleviate it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Unconventional Priest © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness