Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baby's First Alt : From Healer to ??

Waffles! Belgian and potato!

So I might be a little guilty of loving priest too much. My first toon ever was a 70 troll priest, and when I moved over to Alliance side to play with friends, I just rerolled draenei priest thinking I'd not really play my troll much anymore.

Over the course of the few years I've been playing WoW, I've tried numerous other classes. I've got several low level alts (below 30) like warlocks and mages, etc.

So what to choose? A DPS spec? Another healer? A tank?

The only class I really know anything at all about is priest, and beyond that, I'm a mana-bar-lovin' caster whore. My few attempts at melee classes have been filled with the inevitable noob warning:

"You are facing the wrong way."

"You are not close enough."

"Go back to caster, noob."

Sigh. =(

I thought about it for a while, and came to the conclusion that the tank-healer relationship, one built on trust and care, was one I've always valued in raids and instances, and so I decided to roll a tank.

But what class to choose? Warrior? Pally? Druid? Death Knight?

In the end, I decided to go with DK because not only is it fun, but it's also a relatively new class that still possesses a little room for experimentation. And not starting out at level 1 is a plus, hehe.

So far I am loving it to death, no pun intended, and I tanked my first group quest the other day. I spent the entire time watching the target-of-target screen in fear that the mob would aggro off of me, but I managed to hold it the entire time, hehe. Now to try instances. >=D

My tank, Wafflekins, is currently level 64 and poorly geared, but hopefully she'll be making an appearance in the big kids' world sometime soon!

And on that note I am going to go rid myself of this bee that keeps buzzing around my laptop.

Stupid bee.

He isn't even cute like a bumblebee....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Unconventional Priest © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness