Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh Mah Gawd - Healer Meme

Clearly my lack of consistent content during my last semester of school is making an impression on people, as Averna over at Nerf This Druid tagged me in a "lovefest between healers." Either that or she just wubs me as much as I wub her!! /snorgle...... /end creepy...

So here it goes!

Post this questionnaire, with your answers, on your blog. Pick the healing class you know most about (or is the focus of your blog), and then send it over to another healing blogger you know and love who deals with a DIFFERENT class. Include a link to the blogger who sent you the questionnaire, as well as a link to whom you are sending it.

What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Fuyuko - Priest - Holy

What is your primary group healing environment? (ie, raids, pvp, 5 mans)
I've not really been able to play much recently because of school, but when I do, Fuyuko usually heals in 25 man raids.

What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
This is actually a really hard question. I thought about it for a couple minutes, and eventually decided on Divine Hymn.

"What???" I hear the other priests say loudly. "Why not Circle of Healing, or Prayer of Healing, or Prayer of Mending for the fun ping sound, or even Guardian Spirit for the wings???"

Well, here's the thing with Divine Hymn: Heals the 3 lowest HP nearby raid or party members for 3024 to 3342 every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 10% for 8 seconds. Maximum 12 heals.

So why is this awesome? It can retarget every tick, hitting a different set of people with the "lowest health," and when used with Heroism or Inner Focus, it's even more amazing.

To sum it up, the following comments from WoWHead:

-"So this is an "Oh sh*t, button?"
-"No, it's a "F*CK YES BUTTON!"

What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
Probably Greater Heal or Binding Heal. Greater Heal just takes too long and Binding Heal has never really been in my play-style's arsenal.

What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
This is pretty obvious to me - the fact that we have two healing specs that can fulfill two very different roles extremely well. Disc is awesome for tank healing, and Holy is awesome for raid healing. We don't have one healing tree with abilities and talents for both specs. We have two separate, dedicated specs for each job.

What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
Watch me get flamed for this again.

I feel like our biggest weakness as a class is our inability to be the best at any one thing. Now, I keep hearing "Zomg, you suck if you don't top your meters, lolz" but I feel like if I am on raid healing with, say, a shaman, and I am higher on the meters (not just number-wise, but overall with efficiency, etc.), then that doesn't make me look GOOD, it makes that shaman look BAD. The same goes for Disc priests and tank healing, I suppose. Disc priests are about mitigation, and so their overall healing output is lower than most, making them great tank healers, but probably not the best. But I'm a Holy priest, so I don't know much about Disc, to be honest.

Anyhoo, it seems like both specs can do a variety of things well, but not one better than any other class every single time.

In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
I'm Holy, so raid healing - no question. I'm not made for MT healing. I'm sort of ok with OT healing. And lolz at asking me to waste the mana putting up bubbles. I'm not a disc priest. My bubbles are pretty worthless for the mana they cost me.

What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
I'm going to go with Averna's answer and say I enjoy healing with our healing team as players, not as classes. I do not prefer healing with one class over another.

What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
Again, going with Averna's answer here and saying shamans named Vicars (although, technically, it would be shamans named Victoree). Hehe

What is your worst habit as a healer?
Letting one bad raid make me feel like I am a bad healer and causing me to not sign up for future raids. That's kind of where I am now, to be honest. I could spare an evening every now and then in my schoolwork for raiding, but I won't, because of that one raid.

What is your biggest pet peeve in a group healing environment while healing?
From tanks - LoSing your healers for no reason, especially during fights that involve a lot of obstacles.

From other healers - QQing about how people are sniping or stealing your heals and how that is why your numbers are so low. Take that up with the RL or healing leader, don't spam it in raid or healing chat.

From DPS - standing in fires, not moving out of obstacles, not CCing and letting healers take damage needlessly.

Do you feel that your class is well-balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
Yes, I love where we are at right now, at least those of us in Holy spec. Again, I don't know much about Disc.

What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
Recount, WoW Meters Online, whether or not everyone died.

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
Hmm.... probably the idea that Disc and Holy are easily interchangeable and that one can easily do the job of the other. Sure, I could tank heal for a small amount of time before I ran out of mana, and a Disc priest could raid heal if absolutely needed, but really, we're two different specs to the point where we could even almost be two different classes.

What do you think is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
Which of the 50000000000 priest healing spells to put on the toolbar.

Haste or crit and why?
Crit first, up to a certain point, then haste. Most Holy priests spec into Surge of Light, which grants us free Flash Heals when another healing spell crits. It has been calculated that crit for this purpose stops becoming useful around 30% raid-buffed, so when you've reached that threshold, haste all the way!!

What healing class do you feel you understand the least?
Probably paladins.

What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
Recount. Otherwise I use the standard DBM/oRA/Omen raiding mods and the standard Blizzard UI. I don't use Grid or Healbot or Clique or any of that stuff. I leveled on dial-up and raided through Naxx with a horrible laptop, so I just got used to not using those mods. As for macros, I am currently working on some humorous /yells for spell casts.

Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others and why?
I did the whole balance thing for a while, but now I aim primarily for spell power and haste, as I have reached that crit threshold, and my mana regen is fine.

Alrighty, since I said I don't know much about paladins, I'm passing this one on to Pallymar over at Pallymar's Take. HA HA. Have fun!!



2 comments:

Miss Medicina said...

Added to the list and to teh dataz!

Thanks for joining in :) If you want to link back to the full list of responders, or look at all the different responses, I'm maintaining a list here:

http://missmedicina.blogspot.com/2009/10/circle-of-healers.html

Azhar said...

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. natural healer

Post a Comment

 

The Unconventional Priest © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness